The Centre has been making significant strides in developing nanonutrients, nanopesticides and nanoformulations. Keeping in mind deteriorating soil health, growing demand of food, water safety are the biggest challenges, the Centre is uniquely poised to develop path breaking technologies using biologicals interwoven with nanotechnologies and biocompatible materials jointly through strategic collaborations with Deakin University and partners worldwide.
Inauguration of TERI-Deakin Nanobiotechnology Centre and Researcher's Residence 10th to 11th April 2017
Nanobiotechnology for Agriculture: From Research to Innovationto be announced
PAST Events and Visits
1. Senator, The Hon. Christoher Evans, Minister of Tertiary Education, Skills, Jobs and workplace relations along with a distinguished Australian Delegation launched the TD NBC in August 2011 at TERI Gurgaon
2.The Deakin India Research Initiatives partner institutions leading Scientists visited the Centre to participated in the DIRI Symposium 2011 – Frontiers in Science, hosted by TD NBC in November 2011
3. The Hon. Louise Asher, MP and Minister for Innovation, Services & Small business, Minister for Tourism and Major Events inaugurated the TD NBC in February 2012 at TERI Gurgaon along with Vice Chancellor, Prof. Jane Den Hollander
4. The Deakin India Research Initiatives partner institutions leading Scientists visited the Centre to participated in the DIRI Symposium 2012 – Frontiers in Science (2nd Edition) hosted by TD NBC in November 2012
5. The Deakin India Research Initiatives partner institutions leading Scientists visited the Centre to participated in the DIRI Symposium 2015 - International Symposium On Translational Research, hosted by TD NBC in December 2015
6. Dr. Ye Win Aung visited on 23rd September, 2016. Dr. Aung has professional history of working as a Program Manager (Coordination) in Burnet Institute Myanmar and Myanmar Partnerships and Liaison Manager for Deakin University (since June 2016). Dr.Aung has worked for low-income and vulnerable as well as refugee populations in the public health thematic areas of prevention and control of communicable diseases, behavior change communications, social marketing and franchising, community-based research and public health education.
7. Prof. Guy Littlefair visited the TD NBC on 30th September 2016. Professor Guy Littlefair is the Dean of Engineering in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and the Built Environment at Deakin University in Australia, having been appointed as chair in Engineering in January 2011.
8. Prof. Bas Baskaran, Associate Dean (International), Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment, Deakin University visited TD NBC in October 2016.
9. Prof. Trevor Day, Pro-Vice Chancellor, Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment & Deakin University visited TDNBC on 13th October, 2016.
10. Dr David Halliwell, Director, CeRRF visited TDNBC on 7th November 2016.
11. A UGC & AICTE Delegation, visited on 22nd November 2016.