National Centre of Excellence for Advanced Research in Agricultural Nanotechnology (NCEARAN)
Nano-agriproducts development by encompassing a full-circle approach is poised to enable researchers and industries, in meeting regulatory compliance along with maximizing benefits and minimizing risk among farmers and consumers. Food demand with rapidly increasing population is outpacing sustainable supply and aggravating residue issues. A more efficient agricultural productivity approach – one that uses less agrochemicals but is highly efficacious – is vital to meeting the global food demand along with protecting environment and human health. Nanotechnology is a multi-disciplinary scientific field that has the potential to revolutionize the agriculture and food industry with new tools, which promise to increase food production and control diseases in a sustainable manner.
The National Facility for Nanotoxicological Research of Nano-Agriproducts (NCNRNAP) is working in collaboration with AIIMS, New Delhi and endeavors to facilitate development of safe nano-Agriproducts by following standard in vitro and in vivo test guidelines.
In vitro and in vivo nanotoxicological research is pivotal for fulfilling the regulatory requirements and commercialization of nano-agriproducts. The facility is focused to conduct investigation of the effects of the nano-agriproducts on human health and environment using in vitro and in vivo model systems for toxicity and risk assessment.
Development of Nano-Agriproducts
- Development of novel efficacious variants of Nanofertilizers (S, Mo, Mg and B) and nanofungicides (copper and sulphur) through biological/green methods
- Development of nanobased delivery system for sustained release of nano agri-inputs
- Process scale-up of developed nano-agriproduct prototypes for technology transfer to industries world-wide
Field Efficacy Evaluation of nanoproducts prototypes
- Field performance and efficacy assessment of nano-agri products
- Development of high-throughput bioassays for efficacy assessment of nano-agriproducts